Sunday, June 18, 2017

Aneurysm-Life of Evil (2016)

When the colossal groove of "Life of Evil" first emanated from my stereo, it was a revelation. Raw Metal from Italy. Headbanging Riffs and crusty hardcore punk attacks that bordered on death metal without transgressing over, blew me away. I find Aneurysm to be a reckless force of barbarian indifference -- they clearly don't give a fuck about you and what you think about what they do. It absolutely fuckin' slays! Primitive but effective. A complete head snapper, the songs hit with insane riffs and vocalist just bellowing his lungs out.This whole record is basically psycho-addictive and I've become more hooked with every listen.  Scintillating headbangable riffage and a raw primal swagger that runs a gauntlet of styles and tones with ease -- the residual after-effect equivalent to several tons of pure cocaine, a straight-up adrenaline shot and one of my favorite musical experiences. But I truly feel it can appeal to fans of everything from Exodus to Autopsy and I cannot see how that is a bad thing. Narrow minded opinions don't appeal to me as much as the direct musical connection. And personally speaking, i'll be discovering new bands playing Metal and will forever do so. Sickeningly vicious, and heavy as hell, "Life of Evil" tips the scale as a great and enduring metal record.
facebook.com/Aneurysmdeathmetal
Review by Paul Caravasi

No comments:

Post a Comment